Environment Agency (EA) Black Sluice Catchment Consultation commences
The very important and long awaited consultation period has commenced and runs for six weeks until the 27th September 2015.
We would advise you to attend one of the consultation events and come along to talk to ourselves and the EA staff in attendance:
- 25th August, Billingborough Village Hall, 1pm - 8pm
- 1st September, BSIDB offices, 10am - 3pm
- 10th September, Rippingale Village Hall, 1pm - 8pm
- 14th September, BSIDB offices, 10am - 3pm
- 22nd September, Bicker Village Hall, 1pm - 8pm
The Board have stated what their 'preferred options' are and these are listed below, these will be included within the Boards responses to the consultation:
- All Environment Agency (EA) main river assets within the Black Sluice Catchment transferred to the Black Sluice Internal Drainage Board (BSIDB) in good working order over an agreed timeframe.
- The uncompleted South Forty Foot Drain (SFFD) widening/water flow enhancements works to be completed by the EA.
- The EA to repair the old pumps and/or install new electric pumps at Black Sluice Pumping Station (BSPS) in order to provide a combined 60 cumecs pumping capacity.
- DEFRA financial grants awarded to BSIDB and/or a reduction in the EA Precept to assist with the additional maintenance costs associated with the BSPS and main rivers following the asset transfer over an agreed period of time (c. 5 years).
- BSIDB to undertake all main river maintenance works for the EA within their Public Sector Co-Operation Agreement (PSCA) until a time the transfers are complete.
If you are unable to attend any of the events the consultation report (IMAN002364/R1) is available online at consult.environment-agency.gov.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy along with the consultation overview and response form.
The documents are also available for collection from our offices at Swineshead.