SP 20 including clause 7(ii) negotiated allowance
including 4 x 4 vehicle
Reporting to the Works & Engineering Manager
To professionally, cost effectively and productively carry out instructed flood water management operational tasks and duties whilst continuing to uphold good health and safety practices at work.
Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities:-
- Responsible for the day to day on site supervision of machine maintenance works and capital scheme projects throughout the catchment.
- Liaise with land owners/tenants on land access arrangements and compensation.
- Assist with preparing works programmes and ensure they are adequately resourced.
- Arrange with the workforce for emergency working when required.
- Assist in the inspection and reporting on asset conditions.
- Assist the Works Manager with work force appraisals and the handling of discipline and grievance.
- Assist the Works Manager with collation and completion of records and drivers log sheets to include time sheets and coding.
- To co-ordinate winter works with the Ganger.
- leadership and communications skills
- be energetic and proactive in approach
- able to manage and deliver multiple projects to challenging timescales and budgets.
- positive health and safety culture and liaise closely with the Works Manager to ensure relevant systems are in place to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of the workforce.
- Any other duties reasonably asked of you