SP 15 including clause 7(ii) negotiated allowance
including Essential Users Allowance
Reporting to the Works Supervisor
To professionally, cost effectively and productively carry out instructed flood water management operational tasks and duties whilst continuing to uphold good health and safety practices at work.
Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities:-
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of the summer hand roding gang(s) and winter work small capital projects throughout the catchment.
- Liaise with land owners/tenants on land access arrangements.
- Working to prepared programmes where you will have had an input and ensuring they are adequately resourced.
- Arrange with the workforce for emergency working when required.
- Assist in the inspection and reporting on asset conditions.
- Assist the Works Manager with work force appraisals and the handling of discipline and grievance.
- Assist the Works Manager with collation and completion of records and log sheets to include time sheets and coding.
- To co-ordinate winter works with the Works Supervisor.
- good leadership and communications skills
- be energetic and proactive in their approach
- able to manage and deliver multiple projects to challenging timescales and budgets.
- positive health and safety culture and liaise closely with the Works Manager and Works Supervisor to ensure relevant systems are in place to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of the workforce.
- Any other duties reasonably asked of you